The Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI) and St. Mary’s First Nation are co-hosting the 24th Annual National CANDO Conference and AGM, "A NEW DAWN IN INDIGENOUS ECONOMIES” being held in Fredericton, NB, October 22-25, 2017, at the Fredericton Convention Centre.
Cando (Council for the Advancement of Native Development Officers) is a national Indigenous organization involved in community economic development. They build capacity, which strengthens Indigenous economies by providing programs and services to Economic Development Officers (EDOs).
For the past 24 years Cando has gathered Indigenous communities, groups, EDOs, and partners to discuss and share where Indigenous communities are heading in Economic Development.
Over 300 delegates, representing all regions and all Indigenous groups, will attend this valuable pan-Canadian conference featuring:
- Accredited training learning and networking opportunities directly impacting Economic Development Officers (EDOs)
- Workshops and sessions on building economies throughout Indigenous communities across Canada
- Tools to strengthen Indigenous economies
- Streams for youth, students, community members and partner organizations
- Exploration of career opportunities
- Trade Show connecting Indigenous business owners, investors, government, academic institutions, national corporations and potential partners
- Community cultural event, certification graduation/scholarship ceremonies and presentation of the Economic Developer of the Year awards at the President’s Reception and Dinner
To learn more about this exciting event, become a member of Cando or to register for this conference visit: http://www.edo.ca.