The Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI) is dedicated to supporting Indigenous people in reaching their full economic development potential through advocacy and networking. We are inviting applicants for the role of Communications Assistant Summer Student located in Fredericton.
General communications and marketing activities in support of high quality internal and external communications activities.
- Contribute to JEDI’s social media presence which includes research, writing, editing, photography and video.
- Event planning and participation in a variety of internal and external events.
- Other related duties as required.
- Students pursuing a relevant program such as Journalism, Communications or Marketing strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, editing, research and content development skills. Interviewing and blogging experience are strong assets.
- At minimum a working knowledge of First Nations communities, culture and social concerns.
- Demonstrated professionalism and sound judgement.
- High level of self-motivation, operating both as a team contributor and with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiastic, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications and social media outlets.
- Valid driver’s license as some travel may be necessary.
- Must meet Government of Canada eligibility requirements including:
- Must be between 15 and 30 years old.
- Registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year.
- Intending to return to school full time during the next academic year.
- Legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
JEDI offers an excellent work experience and environment. If you are interested in joining our team as a summer student, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document by 4:30 p.m. on May 5, 2017 to email@example.com stating Communications Assistant Summer Student in the subject line.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.