On March 27th and 28th, JEDI in partnership with LearnSphere, will be holding 2 free workshops for ETO’s/EDO’s and any Ec. Dev. personnel who may be interested. The workshops will be held at the Crown Plaza in Fredericton, NB.
1. How to write a Request-for-Proposal - March 27th - 9am-4pm
The objective of this workshop is to allow participants to better understand the tendering process and to assist participants in acquiring the skills and tools required to prepare and complete Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Understanding the tendering process
- Standing offer lists
- “Offset” clauses
- Understand and draft the key elements of an RFP
- Understand the evaluation process and prepare an evaluation grid
- Practice putting together an RFP
2. Contract Negotiations - March 28th - 9am-1pm
The objective of this workshop is to allow participants to better understand the contract negotiation process and assist participants in acquiring the skills and tools required to develop contract negotiation skills.
- Identify everyday situations that allow for honing negotiating skills
- Understand what it means to lead a negotiation
- Understand the importance of leadership skills and how to take advantage of individual leadership qualities
- Understand the communication process in negotiations
- Recognize the Six Habits of Effective Negotiators
Following the Contract Negotiations workshop, there will be a presentation on JEDI’s partnership with Working Warriors and this initiative’s benefit to communities and economic development. The presentation will focus on JEDI’s current labour market research in the province and what that means for the capacity of First Nations in New Brunswick.
This presentation will show administrative users in each community how to easily navigate through the Working Warriors portal and use the database to its full potential.
- What is Working Warriors?
- Why communities should use Working Warriors
- Who should register?
- Community Administrator Roles & Responsibilities
- How to enter resumes
Please RSVP to email@example.com to register.