In 1992, RBC launched the RBC Aboriginal Student Award Program to help Aboriginal students to complete post-secondary education, and to strengthen its relationship with the Aboriginal community.
10 Scholarships are awarded each year in two different categories:
- For students majoring in studies related to the financial services industry
- For students majoring in studies unrelated to the financial services industry
Selected candidates will be awarded up to $4,000 each academic year for two to four years to use towards tuition, textbooks, supplies and living expenses.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm EST on February 28th
To be eligible to apply you must be of Aboriginal decent and meet the following criteria:
- You are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- You have applied or are currently attending an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada
- You maintain a full course load that leads to a recognized degree, certificate or diploma
- You have at least two years remaining in post-secondary academic program as of September 2016
- You require financial assistance to pursue your education
For complete eligibility requirements please visit the RBC website.
How to Apply:
An application package must be completed and including the following:
- FULLY completed application form
- COPY of your most current transcript
- LETTER of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or member of your community
There are 3 ways to apply:
- Toll-Free Fax
- Canada Post Mail
RBC Aboriginal Student Awards
C/O Aboriginal Link
PO Box 50058, 17-2595 Main Street
Please note that the online application is optimized for PC's
It is recommended that Mac users use the printable PDF below and submit via fax or postal mail at one of the addresses indicated above
Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email.
How will Award Recipients be chosen?
A committee of Aboriginal academics and RBC representatives review all completed applications and makes the final selection by May 30th.