There is a great demand within Aboriginal communities and off-reserve for Aboriginal financial management professionals. Many opportunities are available for those who wish pursue this career path.
AFOA Canada and PotashCorp have come together once again to offer the 11th Annual AFOA-PotashCorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards.
AFOA Canada and PotashCorp will be selecting 3 outstanding Aboriginal Youth from Grades 11 and 12 from across Canada to attend the AFOA Canada National Conference and awards ceremony February 7-9, 2017.
Award Recipients Will Enjoy:
- 5 year Scholarship package valued at over $5,000
- Complimentary 4 night stay at the Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Complimentary trip to Calgary and tour of city highlights
- Attend a special youth program designed to introduce youth to careers in finance and management
- Plus other exciting gifts!
- Aboriginal Ancestry (Proof of First Nation, Inuit or Métis status)
- Pursuing post-secondary education and demonstrates an interest and is considering a career in the areas of finance and/or management/commerce (including financial management/planning, business administration, commerce, accounting and economics)
- Completed Application Form and submit an essay
- 2 letters of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counsellor or educator, attesting to the student’s performance and commitment
- Academically successful
- Students in Grades 11 and/or 12 may apply (maximum age 19)
How to Apply:
Submit your application, essay and reference letters to one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (613)-722-3467
- Mail: AFOA Canada 1066 Somerset St. West-Suite 301 Ottawa, ON K1Y 4T3
The deadline for applications is November 25th, 2016