Are you an entrepreneur who wants to learn how-to write winning proposals and how-to run your business more strategically?
JEDI and ProfitLearn are teaming up to host two educational workshops in both Miramichi and Fredericton to dig into these topics:
- The Strategic Business Owner
- Writing the Winning Proposal
These workshops are designed to set the stage for those businesses who want to work in the shipbuilding project and its supply chain. The shipbuilding project is expected to create 11,500 direct, in-direct and spin-off jobs in Atlantic Canada. Your business doesn’t just have to make parts for ships to get involved in this project. Here are some New Brunswick companies that are already taking part:
- The Estey Group, Saint John, New Brunswick (safety products)
- Shaw Signs, Hampton, New Brunswick (signage)
- Stor-It Systems, Saint John, New Brunswick (material handling equipment)
- APPlus, Saint John, New Brunswick (testing, inspection & certification)
- A & R Concrete Drilling & Sawing, Saint John, New Brunswick (demolition)
- Lancor, Dieppe, New Brunswick (concrete contractor)
- Gulf Operators, Saint John, New Brunswick (demolition services, general contracting, excavation)
Please note, JEDI is able to help with travel and accommodation costs for Aboriginal entrepreneurs traveling over 100km to attend one of the two sessions. For more information, contact Bryan Harn at 1-888-884-9870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each workshop will be facilitated by one of ProfitLearn’s experts and will help you learn valuable, new skills.
The Strategic Business Owner
March 10th at the Riverside Entertainment Centre in Miramichi, 1:30pm to 4:30pm
March 17th at the Wu Centre in Fredericton, 1:30pm to 4:30pm
As a small business owner do you find yourself spending more time working “in the business” and not enough time working “on the business”? This can put your company at risk. Without strategic direction, can you keep your business on the right track, seek competitive advantages, or avoid missed opportunities?
This workshop will provide you with the tools, techniques and advice on how to think and act strategically in your business.
- clarifying the notion of working “on the business” vs. working “in the business”
- top practices of the "strategic business owner"
- inventory of the essential qualities and skills
- a self assessment exercise for a personal improvement action plan
Nu Focus Partners/Consultants add value to the client experience by taking a holistic, hands-on approach, rather than a more traditional, report-driven approach. They don’t offer cookie cutter processes. By using the combined expertise of their partners, they deliver a customized solution to find ‘right practices’ for you to be successful.
For more about NuFocus go to www.nufocusstrategic.com
Write the Winning Proposal
March 11th at the Riverside Entertainment Centre in Miramichi, 9am to 4:30pm
March 18th at the Wu Centre in Fredericton, 9am to 4:30pm
Are you winning all the business you want? Do you waste time wondering what to include in your proposals? Do decision-makers understand why they need to choose you? You are not alone.
Whether you are responding to a formal request for proposals (RFP) or preparing an estimate, you need a clear, concise document that speaks to customer needs, focuses on benefits, and offers an exceptional first impression.
Join us for this hands-on workshop. Come prepared to work, as you will:
- Save time by using a template approach
- Identify the steps in preparing a winning proposal
- Create a measurable three-point plan to improve your business proposals
- Describe the information required in each part of a proposal
- Apply effective writing principles
Optional: If you would like feedback during class on a proposal, please bring two copies of one proposal with all the private information removed (costs, email, recipients, client, etc.).
Catherine Doucette, C. Doucette Training and Communications Inc.
Along with more than two decades of professional experience, Catherine holds a Master’s degree and Diploma in Adult Education and Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations.
Her company provides clients with a unique perspective on business communications and training. Software consultants, retail stores, holistic health care providers, nursing associations, government, and nonprofits have contracted her services. Writing projects include marketing strategies, branding plans, advertising, direct mail, websites, brochures, media packages, guidelines, proposals, wikis, blogs, and more.