The RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program gives out 10 scholarships each year to Aboriginal students in post-secondary studies. Each scholarship pays out up to $4000 per academic year, (for 2-4 years) to use towards tuition, textbooks, supplies and living expenses.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm EST on February 28th, 2015.
Winners will be chosen by a committee of Aboriginal academics and RBC representatives based on personal and academic achievements and individual financial need. Successful candidates will be notified by May 30th, 2015.
Scholarship winners may also be considered for summer and post-graduate employment with RBC.
You are eligible to apply if you are an Aboriginal person who meets the following criteria:
- You are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- You have applied or are currently attending an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada
- You maintain a full course load that leads to a recognized degree, certificate or diploma
- You have at least two years remaining in post-secondary academic program as of September 2015
- You require financial assistance to pursue your education
Complete eligibility requirements are on the RBC website.
How to Apply
Your application package must include:
- A fully completed application form
- A copy of your most current transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or member of your community
Apply by fax, mail or online
RBC Aboriginal Student Awards
C/O Aboriginal Link
PO Box 50058, 17-2595 Main Street
Mac users should use the printable PDF and submit via fax or mail.
If you have any questions about the program, please email email@example.com.
Good luck to all applicants.