The BDC Young Entrepreneur Award contest has a top prize of $100,000 and the deadline to enter is April 3rd, 2014.
The contest is open to Canadian entrepreneurs aged 18 – 35 whose company is poised for growth. If you have an innovative idea that will help your company move to the next level of success, then this contest is for you.
How to Apply:
- Film a short video where you describe the state of your company now and the plans that you would like to implement to ensure the growth of your business.
- Next, review the TO DO List to make sure you don’t miss any important steps.
- Finally, fill out an application form and submit it by April 3rd, 2014.
For more details, check out the BDC Young Entrepreneur application requirements.
Who Can Enter?
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- Be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Have been responsible for the day-to-day management of the company for a minimum of 2 years
- Hold at least 20% of the company’s capital stock
- Be registered in Canada
- Have the head office in Canada
- Be financially viable
For more details, check out the eligibility requirements on the BDC Young Entrepreneur website.
The Grand Prize winner will receive $100,000 to implement their plans to grow their business and the 2nd prize winner will receive $25,000 in consulting services with BDC specialists.
All finalists will be featured on the BDC website and will receive national visibility for their business.