RBC has an Aboriginal Student Awards Program that awards 10 scholarships to help Aboriginal students complete their post-secondary education. The scholarships are for up to $4000 each academic year, for two or four years, to use towards tuition, textbooks, supplies and living expenses.
RBC awards 10 scholarships in two categories:
- For students majoring in studies related to the financial services industry
- For students majoring in studies unrelated to the financial services industry
Scholarship recipients, who are interested in careers in financial services, may also be considered for summer and post-graduate employment with RBC.
You are eligible to apply to the RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program if you are an Aboriginal person who meets the following criteria:
- You are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- You have applied or are currently attending an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada
- You maintain a full course load that leads to a recognized degree, certificate or diploma
- You have at least two years remaining in post-secondary academic program as of September 2014
- You require financial assistance to pursue your education
Complete eligibility requirements are on the RBC website.
How to Apply
Your application package must include:
- A fully completed application form
- A copy of your most current transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or member of your community
All applications and supporting documents are to be received by RBC by 11:59 pm EST on February 28th, 2014. If selected, applicants must provide proof of acceptance to university or college and eligible status by July 31.
Apply by fax, mail or online
Mail: RBC Aboriginal Student Awards
C/O Aboriginal Link
PO Box 50058, 17-2595 Main Street
Online: Online Application
Mac users should use the printable PDF and submit it by fax or mail.
If you have any questions about the program, please email email@example.com. Note: Applications will not be accepted via email.
The winners of the scholarship will be chosen by a committee of Aboriginal academics and RBC representatives based on personal and academic achievements and individual financial need.
Successful candidates will be notified by May 30, 2014.
Good luck to all applicants.